Friday, August 6, 2010

What is automatic temperature control in washers? Is it important?

I'm looking at models from LG and from Whirlpool, and I noticed that some of the models in the same price range compare but the one from LG (WM2455HW ) does not have temperature control, although the one from Whirlpool (WFW9200SQ) has. I've read in several places that automatic temperature control is important but I don't understand how exactly it works since both models seem to be giving controls (about 5 levels) to set the water temperature. I'm interested in buying the model from LG (Whirlpool is good but is most likely not going to fit in my laundry area). Is it really that important that I should consider paying up for it? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!What is automatic temperature control in washers? Is it important?
I've learned to buy a machine that gives me control over temp,water level and agitator speed. Hot,warm and cold;low medium and high; low-(delicates) and high-(towels and jeans). These 3 manually adjustible wash parameters have been included on most upper-end machines since the '60's! Today's machines try to automate these features at the expense of your intelligence and wholly to seperate you from your money! The more 'auto control' you buy-the more expensive the repair. It's all a coup to dumb you down to seperating you from every possible dollar you have.What is automatic temperature control in washers? Is it important?
My machine has automatic temperature control and from what I see it doing, all that means is that it mixes cold water, warm water and hot water alternatively to maintain the temperature selected. So, I see the hot water hose pumping water in the drum, it shuts off and then the cold water hose starts pumping in water, then it shuts off and both hot and cold pump in the water simultaneously depending on the temperature selection. I paid for it but wind up washing most of my clothing in cold water to save energy so I don't use that feature very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment