Friday, August 6, 2010

Do Rule-Mate automatic bilge pumps have three-wire control system?

Hey guys I want to buy a Rule-Mate 750 automatic bilge pump from west marine for my aquasport. However, I know how unpredictable the word ';automatic'; is when we're talking about a bilge pump so I want to control my pump with a nice 3-way (Auto, Off, Manual On) bilge switch panel made by Rule themselves. However, my logic tells me that the bilge pump will need 3 wires coming out of it for everything to work well. One would be ground, the other would be 12v to the built in float switch and another would be 12v bypassing the float switch for auto on. So, does the pump I want have a three wire system or will I be stuck with two wire system (just Auto/Off)Do Rule-Mate automatic bilge pumps have three-wire control system?
Yes your new Rule-Mate pump will have 3 wires( black-brown%26amp;brown with a red stripe.Black goes to negative,the brown to your Auto and brown-red on the manual.Hope this helps,good luck.Do Rule-Mate automatic bilge pumps have three-wire control system?
Ditch the Rule 750, and get a sensor style 500 or 1100. Sensors are much more reliable than float style, which often get crud trapped in the float chamber, causing either no activation (sunk boat), or continous activation(dead battery first, then sunk boat). Both of these have a controlled on circuit. Remember to add a fuse holder and fuse, they don't come with one.
All new pumps come with instructions for install%26gt; Make sure all connections are sealed and out of the way for water to get on%26gt;
it'll have the third wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment