Saturday, August 21, 2010

90 Honda Accord, I need to know which fuse controls automatic seat belts.?

We parked the car and it was running fine, started back up a few minutes later and had no dashboard instruments and the automatic seat belts are stuck forward. I pulled off the fuse box thing to see which one to change, and none are marked for that. I dont really have extra money till payday in 2 weeks to buy enough fuses to replace them all and don't have an owners manual. Any Honda folks out there with a manual can tell me which one? If you could tell me I'd sure appreciate it since we use this car to get my grandkids to daycare/school for my daughter and she takes bus to work. I'm using the lapbelt for me for now, but am worried if I get stopped I'll get a fix it ticket and the $20 fine. Also, with the gauges out, don't want to run out of gas or speed accidently.90 Honda Accord, I need to know which fuse controls automatic seat belts.?
Ok, check under the hood. There will be another fuse box. Look for a 10A or 15A fuse, usually labeled ';SPARE'; This is the back up fuse to all in-cabin features.


99% chance this is what it is.90 Honda Accord, I need to know which fuse controls automatic seat belts.?
There are many fuses for the seat belts but only one for the dash lights and that has some tie-in with the seat belt so its your most likely candidate.





the fuse is in the underhood fuse and relay box. That box should be located in the passenger side rear of the engine compartment and it will have a black cover on it that is about 3'; x 5';





the fuse you are looking for will be on the left side of the fuse box. There will be two rows of 5 fuses in a horizontal rows on the extreme left side of the fuse box. The fuse that you need to check and replace if necessary is the middle fuse of the five fuse row on the outermost row of fuses. It will have the number 15 on it as it is a 15 amp fuse.





#1 fuse in the under the dash is the other one you want to check. That fuse is a 10 amp fuse and should be at the start of one of the rows.





I think the 15 amp fuse in the underhood fuse box is the one you're looking for





hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment