Friday, August 6, 2010

1999 Ford Taurus Automatic Climate Control Stereo Install?

Now before everyone tells me I can't do this, hear me out. I know that no company sells a cradle for a Taurus with ACC because it would be too expensive... But I have a really nice Pioneer deck %26amp; speakers, DUAL amp, and Sondpex 10'; speakerbox for the back.





I want to know if someone out there knows anyone who has done a custom install of an aftermarket deck in a situation like I'm in. It would really help to know what work is ahead of me. My family is really experienced at installing car audio but this will be my first time working on a project that requires (what I imagine will be) tons of custom work.





So any links, advice, info would be much appreciated... As I hope that this project will be able to help others who have ACC and are stuck with Ford's lame stereo.1999 Ford Taurus Automatic Climate Control Stereo Install?
Rabb, the tricky part in this car is the automatic climate control; ie, digital push buttons instead of rotary knobs. There are no climate control switches that can be removed from the factory module and mounted on a kit; it's all internal. As far as I know, there's no kit for vehicles with this option.





I've seen decks mounted in the center console pocket in front of the shifter, and I've also seen them mounted vertically in the center console pocket (though not all CD players work well in a vertical position). You might try looking through the member pictures at cardomain.com; someone there might have done what you're trying to do. I remember seeing pictures of a couple installations, but I can't find one at the moment; if I run across one, I'll edit my answer with the link.1999 Ford Taurus Automatic Climate Control Stereo Install?
I don't get it... this isn't a custom job by far.


You just buy the installation kit that goes with it. It will pull your entire radio/climate controls out. You unscrew the climate controls from the back of the old one, and put them on the new install kit. Then you wire up your harness and mount your cage and your done. Some of those vehicles require you to run a full harness to the rear of the car to a factory amplifier. You would then just wire it up and run it to the drivers rear of the trunk to the amp and plug it in. No Big deal. I have probably done at least 70 of these cars in my career, and I would suggest just having a local shop do it, because this car can be a bit frustrating just for the head-unit, but if you're a hands on person, then go for it. just watch out when you pull the climate controls off the stock deck, they have a tendency to stay in and break, so be careful.


FYI, Get rid of that Dual amp (piece of Junk) and that soundpex box is crap. Sell it so someone stupid and get a few bucks for it, and upgrade your stuff. Its not going to sound that great, and you would be wasting your time and money if you were to install them.


Hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment