Friday, August 6, 2010

I have a 99 civix EX with 95K with perfect automatic transmission, but my cruise control doesnt engage?

When I press Cruise on the steering wheel, the lights come on green on the dashboard, so I assume that part is working. However when i hit SET on the steering wheel, nothing happens or sometimes the cruise tries to work, and the automatic transmission tries to act up funny (starts to jerk ), so I press Cruise again to take it off. As far as driving, my transmission is perfect. What problem might I have?? Thanks a lot!!!I have a 99 civix EX with 95K with perfect automatic transmission, but my cruise control doesnt engage?
Do you have a check engine light on? You may have a bad TPS sensor.I have a 99 civix EX with 95K with perfect automatic transmission, but my cruise control doesnt engage?
Is your speedometer working right? It could be your speed sensor.
Check the fuses.
double check the brake light switch over the brake pedal......if it's not adjusted correctly the cruise control might think you are touching the brakes and try to shut down.....there may be two switches up there..one for brakes and one for cruise control........hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment